City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management contractors will install new stormwater inlets and pipeline to mitigate flooding as part of Phase I of the Krog Street Tunnel Stormwater project.
The Krog Street Tunnel entrance will be closed at Dekalb Avenue NE, as well as Wylie Street SE. Krog Street NE will be closed between Edgewood Avenue NE and Dekalb Avenue NE. In addition, Dekalb Avenue NE will be closed between Waddell Street NE and Cornelia Street SE.
Traffic control measures will be in place to guide motorists around the work zone. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling near the work zone. Residents will continue to have access to mail and package delivery, emergency services and trash pick-up.
Dekalb Avenue NE – Eastbound
· Turn left onto Cornelia Street SE and head north to Edgewood Avenue SE.
· Turn right onto Edgewood Avenue SE and head east.
· Turn right on Waddell Street NE to return to Dekalb Avenue NE.
Dekalb Avenue NE – Westbound
· Use Waddell Street heading north to Edgewood Avenue SE.
· Turn left on Edgewood Avenue SE and head west.
· Turn left onto Boulevard SE to return to Dekalb Avenue NE.
Wylie Street SE
· Use Pearl Street SE heading south to Memorial Drive SE.
· Turn onto Memorial Drive SE heading west.
· Turn onto Boulevard SE heading northwest to Edgewood Avenue SE.
Questions and/or concerns related to this closure may be directed to Atlanta Department of Transportation Public Relations Manager Michael Frierson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for response, recovery, and rebuild updates.